Buy 1oz Silver Coins
If you are looking to buy 1oz silver coins, then look no further than Physical Gold. We have a range of coins to invest in both from the UK and abroad. These not only provide a good investment opportunity, but they are highly collectable as well. As established silver investment brokers we research the market for the best coins on the market and source the best examples, which are published on our site. With a Silver Britannia coin only starting from around £15 we believe everybody has the opportunity to invest in these 1oz silver coins, irrespective of their budget.
Many investment experts believe the current price of silver is undervalued. With a finite supply and growing demand, the future for silver prices looks optimistic. In early 2018 silver is trading at 80:1 times the price of gold. The average for the 20th century was 47:1, so many are predicting a future price rise for silver. Silver is a nice investment to diversify your portfolio and it’s good to add some alongside our gold investments (including 1oz gold coins). What are your 1oz coin options? Watch our YouTube video - "1oz silver coins - the available options"
Read some of our insights to learn more about the reasons to buy silver:
Silver collectable coins will always be sold at a premium, this is due to the fact they are:
- Costlier to produce – as they cost more to produce, they cost more to buy!
- Desired – coins with a theme are generally more desirable than gold bars
- Presented well – collectors coins often have costly presentation (e.g. case or box)
As legal tender coins made from silver are exempt from both VAT and Capital Gains Tax (CGT), use this to your advantage when buying the following 1oz silver coins produced by the Royal Mint:
- Landmarks of Britain series – a series of coins celebrating the architecture of the UK, 1oz silver coins available include - Big Ben, Trafalgar Square and Tower Bridge
- Lunar Silver Coins – a new edition is published annually for each new animal in the lunar calendar (e.g. Monkey 2016, Dog 2018 and Pig 2019)
- Silver Britannia – new editions bullion coins, which are published annually (e.g. 2019,2020)
Silver foreign coins do not offer the same VAT and CGT benefits that their UK counterparts do but they are still an interesting investment opportunity and are also highly collectable. Here are 1oz silver coins we stock from around the world:
- Australia – Minted by the Perth Mint, we supply coins from their animals series, e.g. Emu, Koala and Kangaroo
- Austria – Philharmonic series, produced by the Austrian Mint new edition published annually, (e.g. 2019)
- Canada – From the Royal Canadian Mint, we supply their Maple Leaf series – new edition published annually, (e.g. 2020) and Black Panther, Hulk, Ironman, Superman, Thor and Venom from their superheroes series
- USA – American Eagle, produced by the US Mint – new edition published annually, (e.g. 2019 and 2020)
You can rely on Physical Gold for a quality silver buying experience, don’t let our brand name put you off, we sell silver as well! We are members of:
- BNTA - British Numismatic Trade Association
- CISI - The Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment
- IFP - Institute for Financial Planning and
- PLSA - Pension and Lifetime Savings Association