No products in the basket.
Privacy & Cookies
This Privacy & Cookies policy details how we treat your personal information and highlights our commitment to safeguarding your privacy, as a website visitor to www.physicalgold.com.
Changes and updates to the Privacy & Cookies policy may be made occasionally and in this instance we will notify you of any changes by email. The new version will be posted on our website. You may wish to check this policy page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
(1) The collection of personal information.
The following is the type of personal information that we may collect, use and store:
- Information that you provide in order to register with us.
- Information that you provide in order to subscribe to our emails, newsletters & website services.
- Information about your visit to the website including your page views, Operating System (OS), IP address, browser, geographical location, referral source, length of visit, website navigation.
- Information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website and or physicalgold.com.
- Any additional information that you choose to send to us.
Please also note that you must also obtain any third party consent before you disclose to us the personal information of that third party. Consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that person’s personal information is required, in accordance with privacy laws.
(2) Usage of Cookies
A cookie is simply a file containing a personal identifier (which is a string of letters and numbers), which is sent from a web server to a web browser. The browser then stores this identifier and the identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This allows the web server to identify each user as an individual and track the web browser.
On the Physical Gold website, we may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies.
(3) The usage of personal information
Without your express consent, except as outlined in this Privacy & Cookies policy, we will not provide your personal information to any third parties, for any purpose.
You can adjust the personal privacy settings of your website browser. Your privacy settings can be adjusted to limit the publication of your personal information on the website, however, this may limit your browsing and buying opportunities.
Please note that we may use your personal information to:
- Send general (non-marketing) relevant communications to you.
- Send regular newsletters, marketing communications and other emails relating to physical gold, which we think may be of interest to you. These may be sent by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email. It is possible to opt out of these communications at any time by informing us or unsubscribing on any email.
- Collect payments from you, send statements and also invoices to you,
- Send goods to you that you have purchased, and supply services purchased from physicalgold.com;
- Provide third parties with statistical and analytical information about our users as a group. Please note this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
- Maintain the security of the website and help to prevent fraud.
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising or administering the website;
- Enable you to use the services available on our website;
- Respond to any complaints and/or enquiries made by you or about you, in relation to physicalgold.com.
- Send you email notifications only when specifically requested.
- Verify agreement of the terms and conditions, governing the usage of physicalgold.com.
(4) Disclosure of personal information
If reasonably required, and only for the reasons set out in this policy; your personal information may be disclosed to any of our employees, officers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors. In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- In relation to any enduring or potential legal proceedings;
- If required to do so by law.
- To the buyer (or potential buyer) of any business or asset that we are (or are planning on) selling.
- To any individual or company who we believe may apply to a court, or other authority, for disclosure of your personal information. And when ordered to disclose personal information by a court or authority.
- In order to defend, ascertain or exercise our legal rights, including the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk.
(5) Security of your personal information
Whilst we take every precaution to guarantee the safety of data and store all personal information on our secure, password and firewall-protected servers, you recognise that the transmission of information over the Internet is inherently risky, and we cannot fully guarantee the security of data that is sent over the internet.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to secure your information and prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
(6) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
(a) Appropriate evidence of your identity such as a utility bill, with your current address plus a photocopy of your passport.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes. But if requested, and usually via our regular emails, we will provide you with opportunities to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
(7) Third party websites
Physicalgold.com contains links to other websites, which we are not responsible for. Nor are we responsible for their Privacy & Cookies policies, practices, beliefs or any advice given on such third party websites.
(8) Updating information
If the personal information we hold about you needs to be corrected or amended, please contact us for this to be updated.